GRADES: 9-12 STANDARDS i
Advances in artificial intelligence are triggering discussions about our future and potential consequences, both good and bad. World leaders are engaging in the conversation as well. Wired Editor-in-Chief, Scott Dadich, and MIT Media Lab Director, Joi Ito, conducted an interview with President Obama on artificial intelligence and society.
In this case study, you will explore an article and video from Wired's conversation with President Obama; then you will be asked to reflect on the core ideas and details of the conversation. As engaged and informed citizens, we must begin to consider the relationship between artificial intelligence and society.
Identify central ideas and key details from a primary source.
Ability to summarize relationships of key details and central ideas from a primary source.
Deliver thoughtful commentary on a controversial topic at the intersection of technology and society.
STEPS TO COMPLETION:
1. REVIEW Assignment Outline
2. READ "We Must Remake Society in the Coming Age of AI: Obama" (Wired, by Davey Alba)
3. WATCH the video conversation with President Obama (Wired, by Davey Alba)
4. ANSWER the short response questions
5. CREATE three questions for President Obama
6. REVIEW the Reference Shelf